I am new to the world of blogging and I have grown as a person, a writer, a reader, a Mom, and Christian because of writing and reading blogs. I am so glad I started this journey, it has truly enriched my life. I am thankful for Especially Made who nominated me for a Liebster Blog Award. Especially Made is a blog about a Mom who is raising a child with Special Needs. Her blog is well written, transparent and has been a challenge to my faith.
I began my blog estheroutloud out of tragedy when my Father was tragically taken from me 7 months ago when he was run down by a careless driver in a parking lot. Out of grief I began to write again, it has always been there (a desire to write), the desire came about out of a need to communicate desperate feelings of loss, pain & need of connecting in a deeper way to God. My first post is a Short Story Hope Forest which is a story based on my Father’s life; tragic from the beginning.
I have been following some amazing bloggers, I am passing on the Liebster Blog Award, an award that recognizes up-and-coming blogs, those that have a good following, but should get more, to the following nominees:
Pastor Randy Hounsell
Fun girls live better
peanut butter in the keyboard
Morning Story and Dilbert
Eyes Wide Open
To my nominees, if you would like to post about this award and pass on the blogging love, here are the official rules:
1. Each blogger should post 11 facts about himself or herself.
2. Each blogger should answer the questions that are asked by the person doing the nominating.
3. Choose 11 bloggers to nominate for the Award and link to them in the post. (I’ve seen Liebsters requiring 3-5 nominations, so don’t feel confined to this number.)
4. Create new questions for your nominees.
5. Go back to their pages and tell them they’ve been nominated.
11 facts about me:
I am a Proud Mom
I have been happily married for almost 20 years
My husband and I have been in Pastoral ministry for our entire married life.
One of my greatest joys was being the Choir Director of 18 Children’s Musicals.
I had a ride in a Hot Air Balloon.
I have a job I love – Interpreter at a Children’s Museum.
I enjoy creating with my hands – cooking, crafting, gardening
I would love to travel more, just about anywhere
I once broke down the front door of my house – I was young & foolish
I enjoy skating & swimming, but I’m not sporty
I have swam in the Dead Sea, Israel
1. Why did you start blogging? I started blogging out of a need to express deep sorrow after the tragic loss of my Father. I began writing a short story: Hope Forest a story about the tragic story of my dad and the how God brought life back to the diseased forest. My blog has grown into reflections of God’s goodness in the everyday.
2. What book are you currently reading? Heroes and Monsters
3. What is your favourite quote? Galatians 2:20 I am crucified with Christ nevertheless I live Christ lives in me.
4. If you could visit any country in the world, where would you go? I went to the Philippines 5 years ago to work with a missionary in an orphanage – I want to go back!
5. What was the best gift you ever received? My wedding ring – so thankful, I got a great husband.
6. If you could request your last meal, what would it be? Crab Legs & lots of chocolaty dessert.
7. What is your favorite room in your home? The kitchen – I love to cook & eat.
My questions for the nominees:
1. Why did you start blogging?
2. What book are you currently reading?
3. What is your favorite quote?
4. If you could visit any country in the world, where would you go?
5. What was the best gift you ever received?
6. If you could request your last meal, what would it be?
7. What is your favorite room in your home?